As Soma North Georgia, we want to better equip every member of our body for the work of being on mission as disciples who make disciples. One way we do this is through offering various classes and resources. We highly recommend everyone looking to join us on mission to work through the following resources and classes.
Gospel Basics is a 10-week study on Gospel, Community, and Mission. It explores our Gospel Identity and Rhythms as a church, and will help you get connected to the heartbeat of Soma North Georgia.
- Download the equipping manual Gospel Basics
- Additional Resources: Gospel Basics for Kids
- Book: Saturate: Being Disciples of Jesus in the Everyday Stuff of Life.
The Story of God is a journey through the story of the Bible and includes considerable dialogue, interaction, and reflection. It is helpful for new, renewed, and growing disciples. It is also an excellent way to introduce people to the claims of Christ and what it means to be a disciple of Jesus.
- 10-week Story of God guide | Listen to the story of God.
- Additional Story of God Resources: 1-2 day fast track | Story of God for kids | Story of God for pre-schoolers
DNA resources are geared toward helping disciples increasingly submit all of life to the empowering presence and lordship of Jesus. This DNA (Discover, Nurture, Act) structure helps disciples grow up into Jesus. Our DNA groups provide a space for people to gather together in smaller groups to study the Bible, care for one another, and spur one another on toward the fruit of repentance and faith.
- SNG Resources: Bible Journaling Guide | Simple DNA Guide | Bible Reading Guide
- Additional Resource: DNA Booklet from Soma Tacoma
- Book: You Can Change: God's transforming power over our sinful behavior and negative emotions
Missional Community Training is for leaders, emerging leaders, and those looking to learn more about the role of missional communities (MC) at Soma North Georgia. The goal of this ongoing equipping is to provide training for leaders and those new to Soma North Georgia who are in need of a new ministry framework. We want to see leaders equipped, existing MCs strengthened, and new MCs launched as a result of our training. You can listen to our most recent workshop.
- Additional resources: MC Primer & Commitment
- Book: Life in Community: Joining Together to Display the Gospel
SNG Foundations is an in-depth look at who we are as Soma North Georgia. In this class we work through three main themes of Gospel, Community, and Mission with the hope that you will see how God has uniquely called us to be the church in our area. We understand that SNG will not be the right place for everyone, so during the foundations class we try to put it all out there to help you discern whether or not God is calling you to partner with us. We offer this class quarterly and is a requirement for all who desire to become members and join the mission of Soma North Georgia.
- You can download our Foundations Manual.
Throughout the year we recommend books for our church members to read. Click on the image below to be directed to Amazon for purchase.